THE HISTORY OF HOW NÆSTVED CULTURAL ASSOCIATION CAME TO BE
Næstved Cultural Association was the result of a group of employees from the former Bo- og Naboskaber communities in Næstved getting the idea to establish a cultural association.
Næstved Cultural Association was founded in Næstved on August 26 2002 by Hernan and Lena Gonzalez on the basis of the core values: “An association for all regardless of faith, culture, language and disability.”
• To contribute to cultural enrichment of the community in Næstved municipality through cross-border collaborations.
• Creating and further developing a cultural and social network regionally, nationally and internationally.
• To put Næstved in focus with a unique exhibition such as Handi-Art.
• To make values and capabilities via outsider art among citizens with disabilities visible.
• To offer the audience an experience of a very special kind.
Today Næstved Cultural Association holds several different art fairs and exhibitions, including the art fair Handi-Art, which is an international exhibition with disabled artists.